Pastry Cook – Renaissance Catering & Services (RCS) – Muscat
We are looking for a creative Pastry Cook to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
Pastry Cook Duties Responsibilities:
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Executive and Sous Chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings, etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan bread and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts, etc.
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Check the quality of the material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize the superior quality products, presentations, and flavors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team.
Pastry Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or 3 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Cook Experience with high volume food production.
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Baker Pastry Cook: 3 years (Preferred)