LocationCoastal AreasFunctionHuman ResourcesReference Code50586098Application Start Date03.05.2018Application Closing Date13.05.2018Purpose of JobThe CI/Lean Master Coach will be part of the central lean team and will participate in and manage the execution of the PDO Lean transformation, in line with overall Lean Deployment model and plan, principles, roles and responsibilities, resourcing model, methodologies and training curricula.The CI/Lean Master Coach will coach improvement initiatives (projects, kaizen events and daily improvement), implementation of goal deployment (strategy deployment) and Leader Standard Work in support of the lean deployment program while delivering results within a planned schedule and benefits assessed at project outset with project champions and sponsors. Specific Lean/CI leadership coaching and training is a key component of this role with extensive Gemba coaching at all leadership levels.Coaching on the implementation of the elements of Lean Management System (Goal deployment, Leader standard work) in support of building a CI culture and driving right behaviors is key component of the role.The value creation of the CI/Lean Master Coach lies in successfully transferring knowledge and building lean/CI internal capability in PDO across all levels of the organisation.Principal AccountabilitiesAs CI/Lean Master Coach You Are Expected To
- Provide Lean and Six Sigma professional training and coaching to:
- PDO leadership teams (MDC, MDC-1, MDC-2) and front line leaders
- Lean practitioners
- Lean value stream leads and internal coaches. These are full time dedicated internal resources identified and selected to shadow the external Lean Coach, grow and develop to become internal Lean coaches. The intention is that they will follow a fast track development, progressing from Lean practitioner’s level towards Lean coaches.
- Working closely with the value stream sponsors, champions and leadership teams and provide expert advice
- Apply the Lean/CI methodology and recommend solutions to specific business case issues with the specific aim to deliver the improvement projects/ kaizen events/daily improvements on schedule, with benefits realised and competency of Lean Practitioners raised and embedded.
- As CI/Lean Master coach you will be expected to oversee between 15 to 20 Lean Practitioners and their associated projects annually. Also critical is to support build internal lean coaching capability and you will be assigned a number of internal lean coaches to mentor them into their development path.
- Lead projects as a project manager, advisor, coach or trainer, playing a Q/A role where needed, participating in steering teams, ensuring compliance with group methods, etc. It is anticipated this will include Kaizen workshops, facilitated sessions, and project co-ordination.
Develop own and others CI Leadership Behaviours and in doing so support and develop a sustainable continuous improvement culture.Facilitate Teamwork (Cross functional Project Teams).Support the Lean Deployment team and to establish the Improvement agenda for PDO. This includes understanding the current situation and future vision, establishing relevant benchmarks/metrics and framing improvement programs to close the gaps
- Conducting periodic lean assessments as per the deployment plan, etc…
- Liaise with external including Shell, LEI, Shingo Institute a on any new development in Lean and CI methodologies and tools
- At least 10 years of professional experience in continuous improvement (CI) and with lean/ sigma, and with the sustainable delivery of these, which includes embedding improvement rigor, an improvement culture and organizational enablers like daily performance management, standard work, leader standard work etc.
- Minimum Bachelors degree, preferably in Technical Field
- A proven track record in leading change management efforts and interventions that have a large-scale organizational impact.
- A senior CI certification , such as Black Belt and Lean Master, with A&A accreditation from RDS Process Leadership. Master Black Belt certification will be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to deliver through the use of influencing skills rather than formal authority
- Strong coaching capability, also senior leaders level
- Effective communication skills with ability to inspire (presentation, energetic conversation, and effective writing skills)
- Solid change management skills for influencing behavior change in senior managers and staff
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent facilitation and instructor skills, with a strong track record of delivering Lean/CI training experience in an operating company is essential.
- Demonstrated capability to apply Lean/CI philosophy and tools in a manufacturing / operational (oil and gas) or similar environment.
- CI deployment experience
Experience in upstream business is a benefit but not essential