LocationCoastal AreasFunctionInformation Management & TechnologyReference Code50588631Application Start Date03.05.2018Application Closing Date13.05.2018Purpose of JobFor a defined business portfolio area, to be the single IM&T point of contact with the line focusing on strategic direction and enabling business solutions.Principal AccountabilitiesPortfolio Planning
- Develop an in depth understanding of business strategic drivers, interfaces and their IM&T requirements.
- Maintain detailed awareness of portfolio direction (internal/external)
- Formulate agreed portfolio plans in conjunction with CFDH’s and Functional Heads matching business objectives with solution opportunities
- Maintain short and long term portfolio plans in-line with portfolio’s strategic direction
- Provide detailed work plans and budget forecasts and as required be involved in project planning activity
- Accountable for the overall health (efficiency & effectiveness) of assigned portfolio
- Accountable for the availability of portfolio applications
- Responsible for the delivery, monitoring and reporting of status (time, cost, scope) against portfolio plans including application and IM project delivery.
- Responsible for the quality and analysis of the portfolio asset register
- Drive effective IM within the assigned Portfolio’s and within Application Mgt section
- Ensure IM&T standards are adhered to and ensure business integration/standardisation
- Act as prime business contact point coordinating/facilitating communication and engagement as required between IM&T, CFDHs and Functional Heads
- Provide technical information & translating business needs into IM&T solutions
- Provide advice on the selection of appropriate portfolio and assistance on processes, best practices and tools
- Facilitate prioritisation and escalation of IM&T resources to meet demand
- Assists with ensuring successful business application of the portfolio toolset.
- Ensure compliance with responsibilities and accountabilities summarised in the HSE Policy, Commitment and Accountabilities booklet (the latest version)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Equivalent. With minimum of 7 years experience in IM&T.
- Knowledgeable in Portfolio Management, Consultancy, Business Analysis in a corporate environment.
- A sound knowledge in Exploration & Production Engineering business activities is required or in depth knowledge within a respective portfolio discipline.
- Demonstrates ability to proactively seek responsibility and shows systematic approach to problem solving
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of IM&T practices, principles, technical environment including the application life cycle and project management
- To be recognised as an integrated business partner delivering high value business solutions by providing an integrated fit for purpose application toolset which supports business processes and enables business objectives.