PDO: Production Seismic Specialist
LocationCoastal AreasFunctionPetroleum EngineeringReference Code50582030Application Start Date03.05.2018Application Closing Date13.05.2018Purpose of JobCarry out seismic interpretation studies and seismic property mapping to high technical standards and incorporates relevant aspects of other disciplines to define integrated development opportunities and assess reserves potential in complex field development studies.Provide geophysical input to static modelling of oil and gas accumulations for appraisal and development strategies and well planning.Identify and propose reservoir appraisal and development opportunities that are based on a range of options.The individual will act as the most senior seismologist in the Field Development Center and, therefore, responsible for the technical quality of the work though hands-on assurance.DimensionsBudget: NoneSubordinates: NoneInternal InterfacesField Development Center study teams, DP teams, WRM teams, New Oil teams, Reservoir Engineers in PDO, Cluster Leaders, Discipline Leader, Production Geosciences Corporate Functional Discipline Head, , ExplorationExternal Interfaces: EPT, Reslab, Schlumberger, MOG, EPMPrincipal AccountabilitiesPortfolio The remit of the Senior Production Seismologist is to carry out detailed seismic interpretation studies to high technical standards and incorporates relevant aspects of other disciplines in order to deliver fit-for-purpose field development plans to maximise hydrocarbon recovery.ScopePerformance The scope of work is focused on but might not be limited to the following :
- Full Field Models.
- Geological Studies.
- Seismic Interpretation Evaluations.
- Seismic support PAN PDO as required.
- Undertake seismic interpretation studies to high technical standards and incorporate relevant aspects of other disciplines.
- Recommend and drive activities/studies aimed at improving overall 3D seismic data quality.
- Liaise with the Geophysical Processing function to ensure delivery of quality products i.e. processed/re-processed seismic data, VSPs, well synthetic seismograms and geophysical models.
- Identify areas where the acquisition of additional seismic would be an economic method of reducing geological uncertainties and liaise with the appropriate Directorate to design/contribute to appropriate acquisition programs.
- Identify seismic volumes where seismic re-processing can help in reducing subsurface uncertainties without the need for re-acquisition.
- Construct, together with the production geologist, reservoir geological models for optimization of field development planning.
- Provide input to subsequent Field Development Plans and STOIIP/Reserve revisions.
- Participate in presentations of FDPs and proposals to PDO management, Private Shareholders and the Ministry of Oil and Gas.
- Identify and liaise with Exploration teams addressing PE appraisal prospects within the field boundaries.
- Identify, support and liaise with the appropriate Directorate on research projects, notably aimed at improving geophysical data & which impact the reservoir development and management activities.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the application of Information Technology and Data Management to improve overall 3D seismic data quality and management.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation and presentations.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the application of Information Technology and Data Management to meet the operational and PE planning requirements.
- Participate in discipline Forum Sharing Development Planning across PDO,
- Contribute to sustainable skills in reservoir modelling in PDO
Planning Prepare comprehensive documentation, presentations and workshops related to seismic interpretation.People Providing on-line technical coaching to individuals ranging from hands on technical support to (when requested) peer challenge of individual staff work away from the line subordinate environment.Requirements
- University degree in Geology or Geophysics. A minimum of 12 years of relevant Oil and Gas industry experience in seismic interpretation.
- Mastery skills in seismic interpretation, T-Z conversion, static resource volume estimation, geological well design and execution & integration. Experienced in structural framework interpretation at field and reservoir scale.
- Proven track record in working together in multi-disciplinary petroleum engineering teams.
- Has proven experience in acquisition and processing of geophysical data.
- Has excellent understanding of Oman (structural and stratigraphic) Geology.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor younger staff.
- To deliver high end seismic interpretation
- To supervise quantitative seismic interpretation studies
- To provide effective seismic interpretation coaching within and beyond the Field Development Center as needed
- To provide TA2 seismic assurance PAN PDO
- To be able to work with all levels laterally and vertically as well as with other functions
- Data & Information Management Skill
- Reservoir Geology Knowledge
- Structural Geology and Fracture Modeling Skill
- Seismic Interpretation Mastery
- Quantitative Reservoir Characterization Skill
- Tim-Depth Conversion Mastery
- Static Reservoir Modeling Knowledge
- Static Resource Volume Estimation Mastery
- Well Reservoir Management Skill
- Geohazard Assessment Skill
- Geological Well Design and Execution Mastery
- Wellsite Geological Support Knowledge
- Integration Mastery
- HSSE Skill