PDO: Senior Governance, Risk and Assurance Analyst
LocationInterior Permanent LocationsReference Code50587198Application Start Date03.05.2018Application Closing Date13.05.2018Purpose of JobTo support Head of Governance, Risk and Assurance (GRA) in developing PDO internal control framework and implementing related processes of risk management, delegation of authority and compliance assurance with an aim to provide effective and value added services to PDO.Principal Accountabilities
- Supervise the delivery of Corporate Risk Profile and ensure its timely submission and reporting to the Internal Assurance Committee and Board Audit Committee for review and endorsement.
- Supervise Business Assurance Letter Process (BALP) and ensure ‘fit-for-purpose’ assurance responses to help assess the effectiveness of the organization risk management and internal control systems.
- Develop, implement and update the internal control framework for new or changed business processes and ensure key risks are identified and properly mitigated.
- Develop and manage the timely execution of risk-based Annual Compliance Assurance Plan; identify non compliance issues and report to senior management with an objective to ensure compliance with Financial Control Manual (FCM) and other governance framework such as In-Country Value model.
- Supervise the planning, execution and reporting of ad hoc compliance reviews in order to provide assurance based on agreed-upon procedures.
- Perform as a central point of contact for issues related to FCM controls and assurance and proactively engage with the business to capture and share lessons learned.
- Supervise the execution and reporting of regular assurance reviews on minor purchase order process, overtime, non-productive time for well engineering contracts …etc.
- Supervise the Incidents Management & Reporting process including the timely closure and reporting of incidents to the IAC/BAC for review and comments.
- Supervise the execution of road shows to enhance awareness to the business on Risk Management, Incident Management & Reporting, Finance Control Manual (FCM) as well as Manual of Business Authorities.
- Supervise the overall review, compliance and embedding of financial controls into business processes including the completion of Green light sign-off process.
- Drive the organization delegation of authorities’ process in order to achieve a governed continuity of business operations and identify potential opportunities for efficiency without compromising controls.
- Establish and implement compliance assurance process of the US Exports Controls Process Management System in line with the prevailing regulations.
- Ensure the maintenance and update of the Fountain Assurance System including uploading of all BCI actions, follow-up with action parties and timely closure of all uploaded actions.
- Keep abreast of control and assurance leading practices and propose adoption.
- Undertake financial evaluations in order to advise the business in relation to the financial health of the vendors and their ability to deliver on projects / contracts. This would include the following activities at the minimum:
oModeling/initial Screening of ContractorsoSending clarificationsoConducting the detailed evaluation of biddersoDeveloping and maintaining a robust vendors’ financial database.oDeveloping benchmarks for the relevant industriesoTest compliance of submissions to the tender boardoTrack performance of vendors against evaluationoReview of feasibility reports and uplift plans for Local Community Contractors (LCCs)Requirements
- University Degree in Finance/ Accounting or equivalent. Professional accounting certification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Finance Controlling and/or Business Finance with specific experience in finance function of mid to large size commercial organization.
- Must possess experience in internal controls, risk management and /or assurance reviews.