The Workover & Well services Superintendent will be based in QAMP Muscat office, integrated into the Well Delivery Department and reporting to the Well Delivery Manager.
- Lead the QAMP Workover & Well intervention activities.
- Manage the optimal engineering, design, planning and efficient execution of completion and well intervention activities including artificial lift operations.
- Takes full responsibility of the yearly Budget plans and cost controls for the planned & executed programs.
- Work closely with Exploration G&G & PT, Production Engineers and Well Engineers to prepare & optimize the proper Workover and well services schedule.
- Manage all Workover and Well Services technical scope for tenders, tender’s technical evaluations and ensure the required Contracts are made available for all Activities.
- Provide a detailed Workover Program that meets the wells & company objectives implementing the company standards & procedures for all activities including and not limited to:
- Lower Completions Equipment Specifications.
- Upper Completions design covering all Artificial lift.
- Intelligent Completions.
- Completion Surface equipment Specifications.
- All forms of Sand Controls and water shut off requirements.
- Artificial Lift System Designs
- Wellhead configurations
- Well integrity assurance and well barrier diagrams
- Risk assessments
- Generate detailed, accurate and documented workover, well services and or Completion time vs cost estimates supported by the documented procedures.
- Manage the safe execution of completion & well intervention operations, in compliance with personnel health and safety, wells process safety and Environmental protection standards.
- Supervise the operational activity from the office and provide technical support on daily Completion & Workover operations and serve as the primary contact for field engineering issues.
- Ability to proficiently troubleshoot workover problems and provide full time engineering support to any completions operation and rig-less Operations.
- Participates in the investigation & reporting of major accidents and high potential incidents and make necessary recommendations for improvement and avoiding such problems.
- Carries frequent visits to the site for group safety and operational meetings, self-inspection and self-audits to ensure all equipment and units are properly maintained.
- Review and checks the contractor invoices related to work carried out on site.
- Verifies and approves the requirements for equipment, material and service hand personnel needed for the operations.
- Perform engineering well surveillance during execution and write post-well engineering reports using established standards.
- Accountable for knowledge of and compliance with all applicable regulations and company HSE training requirements and policies.
- Monitor and perform quality control checks on the contractors/service providers.
- Liaise with Contractors & Service companies on the related work activities.
- Recruit the required personnel for the Workover & Well services operations.
- Omani National
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline or an equivalent mixture of education and field experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in different types of Completions, Workover and well services Operations with overseas exposure.
- Experience in all Artificial lift systems/completions. (ESP, PCP, Gas Lift, Jet pumping etc…)
- Experience in Stimulation modeling. Prosper or other Nodal Analysis Software will be an advantage.
- Experience in coil tubing, slickline, testing, perforations, well restorations & wireline services.
- Current and Valid Well Intervention Pressure Control certificate holder.
- Excellent Leadership and Communication skills.
- Fluency in English speaking, reading and writing.
- Good field experience with well testing & testing equipment.
- Experience with heavy oil production is an advantage
- Must be able to adapt to local environment and cultural sensitivities.