QC Officer – Kerry – Ṣuḥār
Requisition ID 12702
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
About the role
The primary role of QC Officer is to have a strong understanding of company goals and ensure that all activities are focus on delivery the highest quality standards.
- Act as main point of contact for production quality, food safety, and hygiene issues to all Value Stream Team members
- Verify and act on negative trends / results from routine glass / foreign body inspections / hygiene monitoring activities (such as swabbing / water samples / chemical concentration testing), through a layered confirmation system
- Provide system owner information on all quality and food safety related KPI’s at daily review meetings highlighting trends and areas for improvement to all teams
- Investigate internal rejects (not right first time). Develop action plan and be responsible to ensure delivery.
- Investigate customer complaints, including responding to the customer where appropriate, and ensure effective action is taken to prevent recurrence.
- Day to day management of the internal corrective action system and working with managers to complete and close out actions.
- Quality department representative at line trials where necessary
- Active player in Customer and third-party audits: coordinate preparation of the site for audits, assist with hosting auditors, assist with responding to non-conformance reports.
- To conduct a food safety & quality review of all SOP’s that have been drafted to ensure that appropriate activities / responsibilities / control measures have been considered and captured
- Keep Value Stream Manager and Team Leaders aware of potential changes and issues as a result of non-conformances with a potential production related root cause
- Use appropriate lean problem-solving tools (including 8-step) to address the root cause of Quality problems and engage relevant staff
- Uphold Quality KPI`s within the value streams and look for continuous improvement
- Member of the HACCP team. Responsible for delivery ensuring all controls are in place and being adhered to
- Assist with factory tours, customer visits and provide feedback on outputs to all relevant parties
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by the Quality Department Managers and Value Stream Managers
Qualifications and skills
- Min. Higher National Diploma or Degree in Science, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years of quality experience from a food / food ingredients manufacturing environment but may consider a Food Science / Chemistry graduate.
- Able to work in rotating shift (8 hours per shift with overtime when applicable)
- Analytical, self-starter, decisive and able to perform under pressure and a team player; strong leadership qualities, able to take instruction and perform work accordingly,
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and professional individual
- Independent, resourceful and able to take pressure in a fast-paced work environment