Quality Inspector – National Oilwell Varco – Ṣuḥār
Requisition ID: 2000325
Under the direction of the Manager QA & Process Control, is responsible for the visual and dimensional inspection of all products, monitor process controls for compliance and test incoming materials for acceptability during the shift..
1. Record inspection and test data.
2. Perform visual inspection on all products.
3. Periodic review of manufacturing operations to verify process parameters are being followed and Manufacturing equipment is meeting process specifications.
4. Obtain samples of in-process pipe, finished foods &/or raw materials to perform required tests.
5. Maintain process records of QC Inspection data and prepare process data summaries.
6. Coordinate O.J.T. (On Job Training) of new employees.
7. Refer to Purchasing Procedure (#4.6) including sections: Raw Materials (#4.6.2), Purchasing Data (#4.6.5) and Verification of Purchased Product (#4.6.6).
8. Refer to Product Identification and Traceability Procedure.
9. Refer to Process Control Procedure in-line with the Quality Management System requirements.
10. Refer to Inspection and Testing Procedure including sections: Receiving Inspection, First Product Gauging, Resin Distribution, DSC Testing procedure and Visual Inspection Standards.
11. Refer to Control of Measuring and Test Equipment Procedure including section: Plant API Round Thread Ring Gauges (working type) for cut thread gauging.
12. Refer to Handling and Storage Responsibility Procedure including section: Transporting Fiberglass Products.
13. Involve in internal audits as per ISO 9001 & API Q1 requirements.
14. Follow all safety, health and environmental requirements.
15. Keep work area neat and orderly.
16. Other duties as needed or assigned.
High-school or College Level education. Ability to read, write and perform math functions. Ability to read, write and speak English.
Stable work background with preferably experience of 2-3 years in QC activities of manufacturing process (under supervision).
Computer skills: using Microsoft Word & Excel for preparing inspection test records, reports and maintaining the database.
Self-motivated. Able to work with minimum or no supervision and make decisions. Able to plan and perform sequence of operations. Able to plan for attaining specified KPI set by the Management.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental
Shift: Day Job