Raytheon: Program Manager
The Oman Nation Cyber Academy (NCA) Program Manager will be located in Muscat, Oman, to interface directly with the international client, subcontractors and stakeholders. Internally, the program manager will have responsibility for execution and management of instruction of a program staff that includes Raytheon and supporting companies. The candidate will apply disciplined program management processes and tools to maintain excellence in execution and will regularly interact with Omani and Raytheon leadership on strategy and direction.
Required Hours and Living Conditions:
Normal work week is 40 hours, Sunday through Thursday. Work may be required on nights, holidays, and weekends on short notice as required to meet program objectives.
- Accountable and responsible for Oman NCA program.
- Sets program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution and management of sub-contractors.
- Participates as an advisory member of the Oman Cyber Academy Steering Committee to assist in shaping the growth and sustainment of the Academy.
- Establishes an executable baseline and manages program risk and opportunity.
- Sets milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- Provides technical direction to, and exercises program oversight of internal and subcontractor staff in all daily operations.
- Uses approved control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken, and ensures the meeting of contract commitments.
- Establish and maintains strong relationships with the Omani Academy leadership.
- Responsible for regular reporting to senior leadership on program performance.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with Middle Eastern customers with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Export/Import (EXIM) experience on an international program.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in program management of training related programs.
- Direct experience with leading and managing a successful +$20M IT education and training program or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing Risk & Opportunity Management.
- 3+ years’ experience with training management tools and their implementation (e.g. MS project, Student Management System)
- Experience in program planning, budgeting, and tracking to cost and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience with the acquisition process from inception through final delivery and close-out.
- Ability to relocate to Muscat and work from the established Cyber Academy office for a minimum of two (2) years.
- International contract management experience
- 5-years’ experience as a Program Manager on a similarly sized program
- Experience with managing cyber and/or network security education or training programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and collaboration
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and senior leadership
- Desired Education: an advanced degree in Education or Management is desired
- R6s Specialist Qualified.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (with cyber concentration), Information Management, Engineering or Education, business administration, or network security law enforcement concentration. May consider a Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or, 18 years of equivalent experience will no degree may be considered
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
· Experience with projects and suppliers in and from Oman
· Project Management Institute or DAWIA Project Management Level III accreditation.
· Experience managing a complex firm fixed price contracts
· Must be able to be certified at a Raytheon PM level 5 or able to obtain within one year of start date
· Prior experience working in the middle-east region preferred or other international experience considered
· Understanding of Arabic