Real Estate Facility Manager – Shell – Oman
Real Estate (RE) delivers a competitive advantage to Shell companies through the application of leading-edge corporate real estate management, corporate travel and business operations. RE’s strategic intent is to enable the Shell Businesses to deliver on their goals by creating safe, secure, cost effective, and productive environments that allow people to perform at their best. Real Estate delivers non-hydrocarbon physical infrastructure to Shell Businesses, projects and ventures and manages the Group’s property portfolio and office facilities.
The Real Estate Facility Management (FM) team provides support through the Project lifecycle, delivering hard and soft services, operating and maintaining real estate assets and delivering “life support’ for the personnel employed both directly and indirectly by Shell to develop and operate new and existing Ventures.
In Oman, the main focus of the Real Estate Facilities Management team will be to:
Create a fit for purpose Facilities Management solutions to enable Shell entities in Oman to deliver world class business outcome
Ensure a robust operational structure for efficient management of real estate assets, road safety risks and other country specific issues/ challenges
- Meet HSSE targets & Assurance Management. Visible HSE leadership and management of local HSE risks to deliver Goal Zero
- Effective management of Road Safety & Logistics;
- Accountable for compliance with workplace/building regulations, licenses & consents etc.
- Deliver operational excellence that assures sustainability, Wellbeing, Care for staff and contractors and the integrity of the Shell facilities.
- Contract Owner & Holder for RE Contracts – effective contract management including contractor safety.
- Responsible for enhancing employee experiences and productivity & visitor experience
- Accelerate achievement of competitive business outcomes
- Improve our Environmental Footprint of the portfolio managed
- Accountable for care for people and worker/ contractor welfare
- Responsible for effective implementation of REFM functional plan
- Lead and develop the RE Services team in Oman
- Work with the senior leadership team (LT) to ensure the office environment and other RE activities support their changing business needs.
- Annual business plans and performance management including workplace HSE Plan, space planning, services & projects planning, budgeting, contract management, business controls, performance management and performance reporting.
- Provide line management support for additional sites (in country) where applicable.
- Management of full range of service contracts including numerous contracts e.g.: Facilities Management, Transport, Security etc.
- Lead the Emergency Response plan for the offices in Muscat; play an integral role to the Business Continuity Plan owned by the local business.
- Active liaison with local senior leader(s) and business focal points to understand needs, advocate direction and develop management plans
- Custodian of RE policies and procedures in country. Accountable for implementation and change management
- Responsible for Operationalizing, transitioning and starting up new facilities in Muscat and other locations in Oman working in close collaboration with RE colleagues (Projects & VPI) and other functional teams.
- Manage projects related to building infrastructure improvements (Capex & Opex) where applicable including HSE, cost quality and programme (in conjunction with the RE Project Delivery Team as required).
- Cost planning, controls reporting, interventions and forecasting
- Work with the Regional FM Manger on the development of cross-business services, space and contract strategies
- Assessment of business risks and implementation of an appropriate controls & assurance plan
- Act as site focal point for promotion of the Group Travel Policy and support Travel communications
- Stable FM organization with right people in the right roles and clarity of roles and responsibilities
- Structurally reducing base cost to drive for a cost competitive organization
- Work collaboratively with Project Logistics to develop and deploy fit-for-purpose accommodation in the field and provide assurance that Worker Welfare and Accommodation standards are maintained in alignment with our expected practice as set out in the Accommodation & Welfare Guide.
- Develop and manage work activity within a Project Controls and Assurance Plan drawing in Project Assists and other assurance support as required.
- Identify and support the management of social performance aspects of projects related to real estate for local content and In Country Value. This will include consideration of ‘end of life’ / legacy treatment of assets and their value to the local community.
Country of Work Location
City, State (if applicable)
Muscat – Shell Development Oman
Shell in Oman has been a partner in the country’s remarkable development and progress over the last several decades. In Shell, we have been providing pioneering technologies and expertise in the energy industry and creating value for the community that we have proudly been long part of.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Engineering, Commerce, Economics, or Facilities Management qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience of services planning including HSE, quality & cost
- Experience of performance management (especially HSE & cost), including leading high performing teams
- Strong people and contract management acumen
- Ability to influence and direct senior leaders on strategies and cost-effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding environment and under pressure is expected
- Business acumen to understand the economics of a solution or service, including cost drivers and the trade-offs associated with quality, schedule, and cost.
- Hold people to account for delivery of commitments by setting smart and joint targets and encouraging right behaviors.
- External outlook – ability to spot relevant external trends and translate these into opportunities and responses
- Experience of working with diverse range of people/portfolios, especially in the Middle East, is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, plus eye for details and high personal standards on quality of delivery
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to lead and foster this leadership quality throughout teams. A Great Team Player.
- Deep knowledge and experience of matching business strategies and plans with the development of real estate solutions is expected.
- Business partnering skills is a pre-requisite.
- Experience of working with Joint Venture (JV) partners, especially in the Middle East, is desirable.
- Deep understanding of the risks and opportunities of holding a real estate portfolio is valuable.
- The successful candidate will be professional with a high level of Real Estate business knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Strong experience of working globally and virtually across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrable passion for HSE delivery – driving HSE performance in the project execution.
- Experience with Project development methodology and Project Governance process
- Experience blending Real Estate requirements with the demands of community relations and localization of our labour force
- Experience in full lifecycle strategic planning for the real estate requirements of major projects
- Experience with a range of building management and space utilization strategies, techniques and tools
- Strong commercial background and high-level stakeholder engagement is required.
Key Competences Required:
- Uncompromising on Safety, Ethics & Compliance
- Business Partnering
- Build effective, trust-based partnerships with business and Functions through demonstrating an understanding of the business, its drivers and strategy, and providing both challenge and support on an effective RE agenda to drive business value.
- Integrative Leadership
- Competent and committed leadership, driving integration across organisational and process boundaries to leverage the collective strengths of the organization.
- Driving Commercial Value Delivery
- Delivering the best shareholder value and returns through integrated focus on generating and protecting value, costs and risks.
- Understanding how to extract value from business models, and empowering our people to deliver value through seamless execution and performance.
- Performance Driven Culture
- Delivery through engagement and accountability; Develop self and others to deliver business performance; Continuously improve processes to enhance competitiveness.
No. of Positions
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.