Reservation Agent – Holiday Inn – Muscat
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
- Prepare and execute action plans which increase reservation sales and associated business.
- Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system.
- Provides support and assistance to fellow team members/departments, as needed, in order to meet company/team goals.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests.
- Anticipate Guests needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Sell the InterContinental Hotels Group products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques.
- Promote the Hotel’s (and IHG generally) products and services.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all IHG Hotels in your region.
- Develop and maintain a regular pattern of sales calls.
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email.
- Accept wait list reservations.
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc.
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same.
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions.
- Liaise with Front Office Manager or Finance Manager for all reservations requiring credit approval.
- Maintain knowledge of special rates/ offers/ promotions.
- Monitor reservation levels and inform Managers of current and future occupancy rates.
- Prepare reports as requested (e.g. to travel agents, business houses etc).
- Prepare reservation sales reports.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Familiarise yourself with the company values and model desired behaviours.
- Comply with Company Grooming Standards.
- Comply with Time and Attendance Policies.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.