Resident Engineer – Parsons – Muscat
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Resident Engineer – Roads
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide the required leadership to his team and assign work tasks for the proper execution of the work.
- Supervise the technical staff and the inspections.
- Ensure that the construction work complies with the contract and quality requirements.
- Notify the Contractor of any work that does not meet the specifications or otherwise fails to meet the quality standards.
- Maintain records and correspondence for the progress and status of the project.
- Monitor the progress of the Work and notify the Contractor when, in his opinion, delays have occurred. Order a revised work schedule, if appropriate.
- Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
- Measure interim and final quantities of the Works for certifying payments to the Contractor.
- Review and approve the Contractor’s shop drawings.
- Contract enforcement, and not to relieve the Contractor of his responsibilities without Ministry authorization.
- Review materials submittals, recommend approval, forward to the Client for final approval, and follow up with the client, as applicable.
- Prepare of the weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports. Prepare and submit the required reports to the concerned party; progress, financial, status, and other reports.
- Inspect safety conditions and inform the Contractor of construction safety violations and follow up action to be taken.
- Conduct/ chair/ attend all meetings and prepare written minutes for distribution.
- Review correspondence and sign responses.
- Review, update, monitor, and report on the Contractor’s work schedules, chart and Cash Flow Status.
- Approve the Contractor’s plans for protection of existing buildings and structures.
- Approve all construction activities regarding compliance with local traffic ordinances and public convenience.
- Review complaints and claims of damage and expedite the Contractor’s investigation. Review and make recommendations on the Contractor’s claims.
- Negotiate settlements for any dispute arising between the Contractor and Employer within his designated authority.
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in construction supervision which should include large-scale highway/expressway projects.
- Completion of 2 highway/expressway projects in the role of Resident Engineer.
- Knowledge of contract language, standard contract conditions such as FIDIC.
- Ability to prepare technical reports and conduct high quality presentations.
- Ability to work independently and lead his team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction sequences and standard work procedures of the industry.
- Knowledge of computer software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.