Senior Manager Assurance & GOV – IT & Ops – Bank Nizwa – Muscat
- Develop a strategy for IT & Operations Governance that will ensure participation on a sustained basis by key Stakeholders.
- Create a comprehensive plan for implementation of IT & Operations Governance strategy
- Render support to in establishing IT & Operations Division Strategy and Budgets
- Spearhead the development of appropriate IT & Operations Policies and Procedures
- Establish Quality Assurance practices in IT & Operations for compliance tracking for the Audit & Information Security Findings
- Centralize IT & Operations Finance Management components viz. Review of IT & Operations Finance including Capex & Opex with IT and Ops Management and executive leadership team of the Bank, Contracts & Agreements, Invoice payments, budget tracking etc. pertaining to IT & Operations
- Centralize the IT Project Management by provide administrative support to Project Management Office to ensure smooth operations; aid the IT-PMO & stakeholders in managing project lists and deliverables; Maintain a proper filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents for the project team and department; Keeping track of deadlines, work in progress and the completed work for key projects; Undertake any ad-hoc admin projects/duties as required
IT & Operations Governance:
- Develop a strategy for IT & Operations governance that will ensure participation on a sustained basis by key participants.
- Create a comprehensive plan for the implementation of IT & Operations Governance-strategy. This should not only address the design of the IT & Operations governance process steps and support logistics, but also the culture-change management aspects of ensuring that all participants are educated and motivated to make IT & Operations governance a success.
- Implement IT & Operations Governance plan to convey importance of IT & Operations governance to all stakeholders and process responsibilities are clearly communicated
- Manage and support the ongoing IT & Operations governance processes
- Monitor the results and effectiveness of IT & Operations governance and feedback results to the IT & Operations governance strategy and planning cycle to maintain performance
- Support PMO, Legal and other key Stakeholders in the Bank in drafting and establishing agreements with the Vendors
- Direct technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
- Manage the quotations procured from vendors/suppliers as when required.
- Establish monitoring process of the assigned work / task within the stipulated timelines in coordination with the IT & Operations team and external sources
- Manage the IT & Operations project related (Non PMO) travel arrangements including air-ticket, hotel accommodation, visa arrangements, claims etc. of Project team members
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IT & Operations policies, procedures, methodologies, and governance — as well as performance management frameworks and metrics to ensure the Division delivers value to the enterprise.
- Establishes and implements continuous-improvement programs for the Division.
- Stays current with developments in new market trends and innovations in technology and the leadership of Division.
- Drives and facilitates effective collaboration and communications between the Division and the user and customer communities.
- Responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the Division.
- Review IT & Operations costs and cost structures for the services and products so that the financial implications of the projects and activities are communicated to the proper Division and business executives.
- Direct risk evaluation and compliance management processes.
- Responsible for developing and managing strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Support IT & Operations on workforce management, including the sourcing, training and development of staff.
- Manage Coordination activities of the Division with regard to :
- (i) Documentation – Draft of letters, mails, note to file, internal memos, proposals, reports, presentations as required; Provide support to stakeholders in IT & Operations in preparing presentations including technical & strategic; Organize & maintain the Division’s files & records.
- (ii) Management of Meetings – Plan and schedule meetings and appointments; Make arrangements for meetings and organize invitations received from internal and external sources; Organize and host recurring periodic staff meetings, Division’s meetings and other recurring project meeting; Prepare Agenda and the Minutes of the Meetings as and when required.
- Receive, distribute, send and track all correspondence received in the Office
- Compose, transcribe and verify all communications and administrative documentation of the Division.
- Prioritize & prepare/edit correspondence (mails /memos/letters /reports/ presentations etc) keeping track of all approvals.
- Actively manage calendars & meeting schedules in Microsoft Outlook, organize travel, compile expense reports etc.
- Track timekeeping and monitor and respond to routine correspondence.
- Follow up on Internal Memos, LPOs, Invoices and other documents with Administration, Finance & other concerned departments.
- Review staff attendance records. Notify the management on irregularities.
- Follow-up on the Divisions staff leave plan in co-ordination with HR.
- Follow up with HR on resource recruitment status for the Division
Quality Customer Service
- To improve the quality of customer service provided by IT & Operations department
Working in a professional environment
- Adherence to the code of ethics
- Ensuring confidentiality
- Manage purchases on a department credit card and provide monthly reporting.
- Manage the IT Store & send monthly Item Request to Admin Department. Maintain and replenish inventory.
- Manage Software Licenses and Inventory Management Activities
- Invoice management & Associated Activities
- Maintain Service Level Agreements and Contracts management with vendors/departments
Relevant Experience in Years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management / IT or related field
- Master’s Degree in Management / IT or related field
- In-depth knowledge of all IT areas & developments
- Advanced organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Background in Vendor Management, KPI definitions and C-level engagement
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Business Process Management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent level of writing skills in English & Arabic preferably
- Strong motivational and team-building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time Management skills
Any Other Relevant Information