Senior Manager – PMO – Bank Nizwa – Muscat
- Selection and implementation of best of class project management approach, methodology, standards and tools
- Ensure consistency through the establishment of planning, reporting and knowledge capture standards
- Introduce structure, discipline, knowledge, sharing and risk controls
- Develop and implement project selection framework
- Provide direct support to projects and manage project daily monitor outcomes and communicate as necessary
- Advise ITSC on the benefits and status of projects
- Manage resource utilization across the organization
- Coordinate, plan, oversee, and monitor a multi-project environment
- Connect the organization’s projects to the business strategy
- Act as first line Decision making body for all project issues.
- Review the progress of key activities and milestones all projects
- Display leadership qualities & act as a mentor
- Project Kick-off once mandatory approvals are in place
- Project Planning
- Develop/Maintain Project Cost/Budget
- Project Status Reporting
- Organize Working Committee and Steering Committee meetings
- Manage Project Deliveries
- Develop/Maintain Projects and CRs schedule
- Designing and applying appropriate project management Methodologies for Bank Nizwa.
- Organising and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities and coordinating between members for successful execution of the project.
- Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products.
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Liaison with programme management and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards for successful project products.
- Define and maintain quality standards for the project management team using PMO Artefacts & Repository
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed.
- Preparing a closure report of the project including the lessons learned.
Relevant Experience in Years
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any related field
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Computer Science or any related field
- Project related certifications like PMO, Prince 2
- Experience delivering large projects/programs
- Understanding of Lean-Agile frameworks in general
- Good Organizational, Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizing, planning and integration skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Business Process Management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent level of writing skills in English
- Strong motivational and team-building skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
Any Other Relevant Information