Senior Project Engineer – Worley – Muscat
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us. The transition will take time, so in the short-term you may see references to our heritage companies in your application process.
- Manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with client to ensure that the client’s expectations are satisfied.
- Ensure the project conforms to the client’s approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Actively support the Worley One-Way program and ensure there is a HSE focus within the team to ensure OHSE requirements including those documents required in design and procurement activities.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Assist in developing, communicating, implementing and regularly review systems, strategies, standards and processes (including environmental plans or health management programs) .
- Establish, maintain and build healthy client relationships.
- Proactively resolve performance, scope and schedule issues with the Client as they arise.
- Identify, document, communicate and meet the client’s requirements.
- Effectively manage assigned budgets within Worley’ total scope.
- Ensure compliance with WPMP procedures.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply effective change control process.
- Contribute to the development of overall project schedule.
- Supervise work in accordance with the approved schedule
- Monitor cost aspects of the project within direct control and forecast final costs, identify trends and take action to avoid cost overruns.
- Contribute to compliance with Worley policies and procedures.
- Utilise, as appropriate, strong working knowledge of Worley engineering and procurement systems and procedures.
- Focus the relevant team members on achievement of milestones and other key project objectives.
- Listens to the team, discusses the issues, resolves problems and directs activities to remove roadblocks and achieve objectives.
- Regularly provide clear reports to project management.
- Effective communication with the design team and third parties.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
- Visibly support risk identification and mitigation throughout the project.
- Set clear objectives to the design team, including achieving productivity and budget targets.
- Ensure the design team aware of, and complies with, client’s Basis of Design and apply regulations and codes.
- Manages inter-discipline interfaces effectively.
- Assess procurement processes throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification, are delivered on time and are within budget.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Substantial technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline and proven experience in project engineering on smaller projects, with associated commercial and contractual experience.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
A recognised engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status
- Eligible for Certified Practising Project Practitioner (CPPP) certification or equivalent
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.