The subject position will be a Service Manager forming part of the Corporate Real Estate (RE) Organization (specifically Facilities Management) in Muscat, Oman. Service Manager, in Muscat will be accountable for delivery of Facilities Management (FM) Services, including Building Integrity, Employee Services, Real Estate Experience programmes, Transport & Logistics activities. In managing the operations effectively, the individual will be accountable to deliver top quartile performance and work with contractors in improving the HSE performance and user experience. Monitor HSSE control frame work compliance and ensure required operational processes are in place.
This position is responsible for partnering with the businesses to create role specific value on: Goal Zero, no harm no leaks; cost efficiency; functional discipline and professionalism.
Service Manager will need to build effective relationships with the relevant stake holders in business to determine their needs and deliver RE services that enables the Royal Dutch Shell (RDS) group to achieve its objectives in Oman.
This role will report to the Facilities Manager – Oman.
Position Description – Accountabilities
- Drive compliance in line with Group HSSE Control Frame-Work guidelines in area of Facilities Management, Transport and Logistics operations to ensure safe, secure and cost-effective operations.
- Manage and review post award contract performances regularly with all the suppliers and implement contract management plan
- Demonstrate visible leadership in managing transport and logistics operations HSSE with a clear focus on the chronic unease by organizing required HSSE Trainings and competency development for service provider staff.
- Provide service provider(s) with advice on policies and standards for FM & Transport logistics services
- Work with service provider(s) to achieve sustainable business improvements, especially in HSSE and value for money, liaising with expertise colleagues as appropriate.
- Measure service performance against set targets (including contract scorecards), support improvement activities where needed and provide assurance to the Facilities Manager – Oman on service/building integrity and statutory compliance.
- Liaise with the Regional Asset Protection manager to ensure effective Security and Reception / Visitor Management Operations for all facilities – implement RE experience programme
- Develop and Implement HSSE and Emergency Response plan for the office building.
- Manage and deliver the business expectations within the stipulated budget for transport and logistics operations and continually improve end user experience, fleet efficiency, compliance and operational efficiency.
- Identify and implement industry best practices to achieve cost reduction/avoidance in FM , transport and logistics operations without compromising on service quality and HSSE.
- Establish and maintain arrangements for managing customer requests and administering work-flow optimizing the use of the relevant system and other IT tools.
- Develop and optimize any opportunities to eliminate, simplify, standardize, automate and reduce costs
- Support all activities related to Logistics, Shipment, Customs departments related to FM operations in Oman. Ensure 100% compliance to local regulations and RDS policies.
- Ensure adherence to internal process in initiating any import or export activities and manage communications to authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Deliver operational excellence that assures sustainability, Wellbeing, Care for staff and contractors.
- Provide support to the Facilities Manager – Oman, in planning and developing of annual business plans and performance management, budgets, HSE plan, contract management, and performance reporting
- Lead the Emergency Response plan for the offices in Muscat with respect to Transport Operations
- Assist in country FM team in operationalizing, transitioning and starting up new facilities.
- Network with wider RE in region and globe to support shaping and driving own & teams development.
Position Description – Challenges
- Achieving and sustaining top quartile HSSE, Quality & Cost performance in a challenging environment
- Managing HSSE in a high-risk area – employee transportation
- Managing user expectations and ensuring employee transportation within the organization policies.
- Balancing routine activities and meeting sudden requirements due to business criticality
- Ability to manage expectations of various stakeholders and suppliers
- Managing stakeholder expectations in a high-profile environment
- Working with speed and simplicity, representing Real Estate as a whole
- Continuously improve processes to enhance competitiveness.
- This role provides the opportunity to demonstrate operational excellence capabilities with accountability for HSSE, Care & Quality.