It takes a very special kind of person to work at Shangri-La. Someone with an eye for detail and the skills to perform. Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight. Job SummaryUnder the general guidance of the Director of Housekeeping, the Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the general administration and operation of the Housekeeping Department (Floors, Public Area), and provides supervision, direction and leadership to ensure friendly, efficient and customer-oriented service in the Housekeeping department.Job Responsibilities
- Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis and ensuring VIP Rooms are set as per standards and customized requirements
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
- Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa Muscat, Sultanate of OmanNestled in between the dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains and the pristine waters of the Sea of Oman, Shangri-La’s Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa is set on 124 acres of stunning scenery and home to three spectacular hotels: the family orientated Al Waha comprises 262 rooms, the diverse Al Bandar comprises 198 deluxe rooms and the luxurious and most exclusive Al Husn has 180 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. The resort also features 22 Food and Beverage outlets, 1,056 sqm ballroom with 8 breakout rooms, wide variety of recreational facilities, and a spa with 12 treatment villas. The resort is only 15 minutes to Muttrah Souk, the old city of Muscat, the Ruwi business district, and within easy access to many local shopping and cultural attractions. Muscat International Airport is just 45 minutes away.