Social Performance Advisor – Wood – Duqm
Wood is currently recruiting for a Social Performance Advisor to join our Duqm Refinery Project
Reporting to the HSSE Manager, The Social Performance Advisor will successfully lead the Community Relations at the DUQM Refinery Project, acting as a highly mobile and operational link between the community, the community office. Monitor and manage External Relations scope’s, through: Engaging positively with the local community with defined strategy and plan (Local Community Engagement Plan), Develop Project and DUQM Refinery Community reputation by constructive relationships building, programmes, sponsorships, events and material within the local community, Reinforce the company’s desired leadership position in the area of environmental programmes and convince the local Government Officials and the local community of the company’s good intentions and commitment to improvement, and The local community in the context of this role is defined; and at its core extent as the SEZAD and DUQM community in order to improve the Projects reputation with key stakeholders across Oman.
- Assist to develop the strategy to engage the local community and improve company reputation under the guidance of, and jointly with, the External Relations Service Management.
- Lead the execution of the local community relations strategy and plan (Community Office and Community relations Specialist).
- Lead and execute the national community engagement plan
- Lead PMC relationship with SEZAD
- Provide input to the HSE Manager regarding Project Team
- Assist in the development of Contractor staff
- Develop in conjunction with the ERSM a system for the rapid approval of community programmes and sponsorships that ensures budgetary integrity.
- Ensuring that the programmes and sponsorships are logged.
- Assist in improving processes and procedures within the department.
- Knowledge of internal and external processes essential to ensure continuity of workflow.
- Adhere to HSE protocols and procedures
- Become a community beacon for environmental affairs related to the Project
- Establish a strong relationship with HSE, ensuring that community opinion is fed back
- Ensure that systems are effectively utilised within the department that will result in the most efficient handling and distribution of external and internal incoming / outgoing mail
- Ensure that emergency mail and it’s response is treated with priority.
- Ensure effective relationships are upheld with Government entities and within SEZAD.
- Establish a process regarding the usage, maintenance and archiving of documents
- Ensure that the office working space is kept efficient and clean.
- Ensure that all office equipment (computers etc) is well maintained and adheres to company policy
- Ensure correct passes are available for visitors entering the Project for community reasons
- Abide by Project and ROP security procedures
- Maintain an open and positive perspective with regards to innovations in structure, management, task division.
- Assist in developing the weekly / monthly reports as required
- Ensures the on-going development of Omani’s within DUQM and SEZAD
- Relevant University degree.
- Total experience 5 Years in Community Relations. Minimum experience is 3 years in a similar role
- Knowledge of local community issues, social and cultural structures
- Knowledge of IFC Performance Standards
- Experience in planning, developing and executing successful local Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) programmes
- Experience in dealing with local governments including the departments in health, schools, colleges, universities, and other academic institutions and their administration
- Presentation / communication / negotiation skill
- IT systems management
- Research experience
- Computer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual with the ability to report in both languages (Arabic and English)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.