Thales: Key Account Manager
With operations in 50 countries and 68000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER TO JOIN THALES OMAN IN MUSCAT.
The Key Account Manager (KAM) will develop and maintain a close relationship with all external and internal stakeholders involved in the development of the RGO, ISS and ROP capabilities so as to grow the opportunities for the company including systems technology domains. The KAM is responsible for attaining the order intake objectives set for all legal entities within the Thales Group with respect to the Key Account. The KAM also acts as the representative of the Key Accounts within Thales to express the customers’ intent and desires.
- Formulates 5-year Country Plan for the Accounts, with clear understanding of the impact of economic and industrial trends, including customer needs and competitor’s offerings in order to secure Thales’ position and growth.
- Actively engages the Business Lines (BLs) Key Stakeholders in promoting RGO, ISS and ROP as a key customers for the export of their products. In addition, to engage the same stakeholders in developing local support services such as logistics, maintenance and training services for the customers.
- Actively engages the Account Stakeholders to understand the acquisition plans and prepare the BLs for the submission of bids and proposals to place Thales in a strong position to win.
- Identifies and engages key stakeholders in the Accounts. Develops and maintains a close relationship with these Stakeholders.
- Understands/analyses the customer’s mission, operational environment and priorities. Broadens the customer’s understanding of Thales solutions in connection with their missions, and provides customer/market information feedback to the relevant GBUs. Generates a Marketing Plan aligned with the Country Plan and coordinate corresponding actions
- Defines the best solution (product/system/service) to address customers’ needs and requirements and drives the marketing effort to promote these Thales solutions. In addition, the KAM shall build a strong Thales Brand with the Accounts stakeholders.
- Advises the Communication team in the preparations of mission (exhibitions/customers events/conferences and etc) and strategies in alignment with the group and regional marketing.
- Supports the country management team in communication strategy during all phases of the relation with the account.
- Develops the sales pipeline for the Accounts in the Defense segment. Maintain regular engagement of the account stakeholders to align the sales pipeline priority and focus to deliver a high success rate of closure.
- Establishes and monitors order intake forecasts in support of the Sales Ops Team to ensure sales data are updated and consistent with the Business Lines.
- Active participation in bid and proposal preparations. Supports the contract negotiation with customers to ensure successful closure. Continual support of successful bids in customer engagement and expectation management.
- Engagement of industry partners for projects relevant to the Accounts.
- Contributes to Project Capture Plans and where applicable assume the role of Capture Leader.
Work Experience and educational requirements
- University degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Operational knowledge.
- Inter-personal ability is a must to build good rapport and trust rapidly with both partners and customers.
- Excellent Communication skills English
- Presentation Skills
- Computer literate