Translator/Interpreter: Arabic – English with solid knowledge of German – Embassy – Muscat
Translator/Interpreter: Arabic/English – English/Arabic
with solid knowledge of German
- Translation Arabic/English – English/Arabic:
· Translating incoming and outgoing mail.
· Translating documents and reports.
· Translating official correspondence (including speeches)
· Translating news articles
- Interpreting Arabic/English – English/Arabic:
· Interpreting during visits, meetings and conferences.
· Interpreting at receptions, working lunches and dinners.
· Interpreting for Embassy staff during contacts with authorities, contractors, doctors, etc.
- Other tasks:
· Daily screening of national and international news and reporting to superior
· Organizing cultural projects of the Embassy
· Carrying out administrative tasks
Knowledge and skill requirements:
· Ability to express him/herself verbally and in writing in both English and Arabic.
· Ability to communicate in German, including over the phone.
· Understanding of political and economic developments in the region.
· Interest for cultural events.
· Work attitude, flexibility, integrity and loyalty are of great importance.
. The candidate needs to be able to work well with a multi-cultural setting.
· Show initiative, take responsibility and communicate effectively.
Level of education/additional training and knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1 to 4 years work experience
- Mastering Arabic language
- Mastering English language
- Good knowledge of German language, notably verbally
Start date: Immediate
Application deadline: June 14th, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
- Muscat (Required)
- German (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19